Garbage Disposals: Replace or Repair?
Homeowners who are looking for an effective and affordable solution to their garbage disposal problem should take a look at the following:
- Install or replace?
- How much does it cost?
- Will my warranty be voided if I install myself?
- What type of installation is there available? (top mount, side mount)
- Is this something that can be done in your kitchen ?
- Can I install it myself?
When to Get Help with Garbage Disposal Repairs
How do you know when you need service for a garbage disposal fix in Greenville, SC? You might be in need of a garbage disposal repair if:
- You notice that the disposal is making unusual noises when it’s turned on.
- It smells like rotten eggs or sewer gas, and there is no apparent plumbing issue.
- The motor doesn’t start, or it starts but the blades don’t turn.
- There has been an accumulation of small items such as paper clips and hair around the area where food goes into the unit. This can mean that something is blocking the blades from turning properly inside your disposal drainpipe.
- Your dishwasher drains are backing up into your sink because water isn’t draining away fast enough and you find yourself having to run two sinks at once for dishes to get clean, or worse yet, having to wash dishes in the bathtub.
- Your home is experiencing frequent plumbing clogs you suspect may be associated with your garbage disposal.
- The unit has never worked properly or does not work at all.
If you notice any of these problems with your garbage disposal, you should contact Greenville Plumbing Pros for help.
We Handle Garbage Disposal Repair Services
If you have a broken garbage disposal, don’t worry. Our team has the experience and training to fix a broken one in many cases. For example:
- Garbage disposals help you flush messes down the drain.
- Along with the dishwasher, the disposal represents one of the most valuable appliances in your kitchen.
- Members of our team have the experience and training to fix a broken system in many cases.
If you need service or maintenance for any plumbing issue, contact us today!
How to Extend the Life of Your System
Here are some tips to keep your system running smoothly in Greenville, SC:
- Make sure that you closely monitor the material that ends up in the disposal. You want to avoid grease and other gooey substances, for example.
- Keep your blades sharpened. Dull blades will lead to jams or other problems with grinding food into small pieces.
- Use cold water when operating your unit if possible because hot water can contribute to clogs over time due to high temperature changes within the drain pipe system.
If these steps don’t help fix any issues you may be experiencing, please contact us so we can take a look and correct the problem.
Garbage Disposal Installation and Maintenance
Do you have a Garbage Disposal in your home? If so, it is important to know how to maintain it. Here are some things you should do if you think your system may be experiencing a severe breakdown.
If the disposal grinds when turned on but doesn’t turn off with water running or food in the bowl, shut down power at the breaker panel and contact Greenville Plumbing Pros at 864-362-2955.
If you are looking for a plumber in Greenville SC to install, maintain or repair your garbage disposal system, call Greenville Plumbing Pros today. Our team of experts will come out and assess the situation before providing you with an estimate based on their findings. We can also help if you have any questions about how to care for your unit at home. Call us now!